Saturday, September 13, 2008

MY UK prediction

If I were a betting man, I'd go put some money on Middle Tennessee.

The line has Kentucky as a 17 point favorite and I just don't see it. Middle Tennessee beat Maryland last week, a team that easily handled a top 25 ranked Cal team today. Middle Tennessee runs a spread offense, not unlike what Urban Meyer runs at Florida, and the Cats have had trouble stopping teams running the spread in the past. I'm also not convinced UK can consistently move the ball against a good defense. With the temperature in the low 90's, if the offense can't keep the ball and give the Kentucky D some rest, they will have big problems late in the game.

If the game were in Tennessee, I would pick them for the upset, but I am going to give the Cats the slight edge at home.

My pick:
UK 17 MTSU 14

No comments: